We are pleased to announce that we have finished adding support for uploading and viewing of PDF documents. Institutional users will be able to upload and share PDF files with students and institutional members. These resources can be shared between users or with other institutions or made public. Some of the prominent features of this update are listed below:
- Uploaded PDFs can be accessed from any device and modern browsers without requiring additional plugins such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- The text in the PDF document will be indexed and searchable through the search widget.
- Users can upload and access PDF documents from within courses in Learning Management Systems using NJVID integration tools.
- Granular access and listing control is possible for uploaded files.
- Easily embed PDF files into websites and blogs etc.
- Create and share lists comprising of PDFs along with video and audio files.
- The uploaded PDFs are scanned for anti-viruses and malware before being allowed to be downloaded by end users.
Please note that PDF support is not activated until the Institutional administrator activates it in the Institutional profile page. Institutional Administrators can enable or disable PDF support for their repository or Learning Management System by going to their Institutional Profile page. The documentation for activating this feature can be found here. Additional documentation for PDF support is available at our support site on http://support.njvid.net
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com and we will be glad to answer your questions regarding this feature.